Listen with Spotify and Create a Playlist
Want to listen to that song you've just tagged in full?
You can now stream tracks and add songs to your perfect playlists without even leaving the app.
Please note that you will need a premium Spotify subscription in order to listen to full tracks in the Shazam app.
Traveling? If you are a Premium Spotify user, you can use the account unlimited when traveling (even in countries where Spotify has not launched). If you are a Free Spotify user, you can use the account for 14 days abroad before losing the option to connect to Spotify.
Streaming tracks in Shazam with Spotify
Okay, let's get started! You've Shazamed a track and you want to play it in full. Here's how:
1) Select the small settings icon next to the Open button and tap ‘Spotify'.
2) This will link your Spotify with Shazam. You’ll see the Spotify app open automatically, or Safari will launch and you'll be asked to login to your Spotify account.
3) Once you've logged in, you'll be taken back to Shazam where the track should start playing automatically. You'll also see an updated song page with Spotify Connected messaging just to remind you that you're connected.
From here on in, you'll be able to stream your Shazamed tracks in full (provided that track is available in Spotify).
Now that you're connected to Spotify, your Shazams will automatically be added to a playlist called My Shazam Tracks. Have a look for it in your Spotify playlists.
Adding a Shazamed track to a Spotify playlist
Right, you've Shazamed a track, you've listened to it, but you want to add it to that killer playlist you've been building in Spotify. It really couldn't be easier:
1) Click the ‘Playlist’ button on your Shazam result.
2) Click 'Add to Spotify Playlist' when prompted.
3) Select a playlist from the menu (this has to be a playlist you've created - you can't add tracks to playlists you follow on Spotify).
4) Once you've done that, you'll be taken back to Shazam where you'll see a message confirming that the track has been successfully added to your playlist.